Amberley Swimming Pool
We are looking for competent, 'pool smart' people able to work a variety of hours on a fixed term part time basis, including weekends, over the 2017/2018 summer season.
The Amberley pool is open from mid November to mid March, 7 days a week, for school use and public sessions.
There are a variety of roles required to ensure the smooth running of the facility, from lifeguard to assistant supervisor.
Ideally, you will have lifeguard experience but full training will be provided if you haven't. Duties of lifeguards include ensuring guest safety, enforcing rules, responding to emergencies and providing medical care as trained. All staff perform cleaning duties to maintain a safe and clean facility.
You will need to have a strong commitment to health and safety standards, and to ensuring high standards of customer service.
If you are selected for an interview for a lifeguard position you will be required to complete a swim competency test. This involves:
- Swim 200m freestyle in under 6 minutes (in togs, goggles are permitted)
- Swim 50m breaststroke (in Lifeguard uniform)
- Swim 25m sidestroke (in Lifeguard uniform)
- Retrieve an object from the bottom of the deepest part of the pool - minimum depth of 1.2m, maximum depth 3m (in Lifeguard uniform without goggles)
- Tread water for 5 minutes (in Lifeguard uniform)
If you have the ability to relate well to adults and children, have a strong sense of responsibility and have a positive cheerful outgoing personality, then we would love to hear from you.
Applications close Tuesday 24 October 2017. Early November start. For more information phone 314 0105 or 027 528 6967 for more information.